The Leto is available with headphone amp or balance control
Please contact the factory for updates.
My design philosophy is to focus only on the important components and add nothing that could compromise the signal path. The only active components are the vacuum tubes that create a warm musical sound.
Balanced Means Lower Noise
As a longtime audio engineer and producer, I’ve worked with a lot of professional equipment. I always preferred “true floating balanced” inputs and outputs because of their foolproof ability to isolate one piece of gear from the next.
And that means lower noise for a strong, clean and quiet signal.
Easy to Use
The Leto preamp will compliment most systems: tube, solid state or digital. It will work with single-ended and balanced input source or power amplifier combinations.
Focus on the Music
With the Leto in your system it will allow the sonic detail to come through, so you focus is on the music and the hardware will seem to disappear.
What is Leto?
In Greek mythology, Leto is the mother of Apollo.
- NEW now with built in headphone amplifier you can connect your favorite headphones to the Leto without any additional equipment.
- Setting the volume control to “Theater” you can now use your 2 channel system as part of your surround sound eliminating the extra equipment.
- Plenty of volume to handle all your source material .
- The input selection uses only electromechanical switching to provide the most musical detail.
- The wide frequency response allows you to hear the finest passages in your music.
- True floating transformer balanced Inputs and Outputs have lower noise and isolate one piece of gear to the next.
- Left and Right ground switches allows you to control the grounding of the single ended outputs.
- The output transformers provide a strong and clean signal to your power amplifier.
- Recessed RCA and XLR connectors are high quality, Gold plated, with an isolated ground.
- All connectors are durable and will hold up to the typical Audiophile who loves to change their configuration.
- No pops when the unit is turned on or off.
- Automatically goes to mute when turned on or off.
- Remote control Volume, Mute and Mono
- The remote Mono helps you to trouble shoot your system.
- Remote bypass switch overrides the mute in case the remote is misplaced.
- 50 hour factory burn in on all circuits and vacuum tubes.
- Elegantly designed 16 gauge zinc plated steel enclosure to help isolate the electronic “chatter” from nearby equipment.
- On/Off power switch conveniently mounted on front side panel.
- Each unit is hand built “Made in the USA”.
- 5 Inputs
- 3 sets of Single Ended inputs with an impedance of 100K Ohms
- 2 sets of true Balanced transformer inputs (pin 2 hot) with an impedance of 10K Ohms
- Maximum peak input level of 5 Volts RMS
- NEW 1/4 TRS inch headphone jack
- 4 Line outputs
- 2 sets of true Balanced transformer outputs (pin 2 hot) with an impedance 150 Ohms
- 2 sets of Single Ended outputs with an impedance 150 Ohms
- Maximum peak output level of 10Volts RMS +20dB
- Independent ground lift switches on the left and right Single Ended outputs
- 1 set of Single Ended Cinema bypass outputs from input #1
- NEW unity gain volume indicator for home theater surround sound integration.
- Frequency response 10Hz to 50Khz ~ 1dB
- Distortion ~ 0.02% at 1V RMS input
- Gain 12dB
- Signal to noise ~ 100dB below operating level
- Non inverting output polarity
- Cross talk >90dB
- Front panel adjustable balance control
- Remote control volume, mute and mono
- Remote bypass switch on rear panel (just in case the remote is misplaced)
- 1% metal film resisters throughout
- Polypropylene capacitors throughout the audio path
- Power consumption 27W, 0 drain when off
- Voltage 110/120V AC 60Hz
- Optional factory installed 220V or 230/240V AC 50/60Hz
- Standard 3 pin IEC power connector
- ON/OFF power switch conveniently located on the side panel
- Two internal high quality linear regulated power supplies, 250V and 12V
- Two (2) Gold pin JJ ECC83S/12AX7
- Two (2) Gold pin JJ ECC82/12AU7
- High quality gold pin ceramic sockets
- Each unit is hand made in the USA
- 50 hour factory burn in on all circuits and vacuum tubes
- Dimensions 17” W X 12” D X 5” H
- Weight 23 lbs.
- 16 gauge zinc plated steel enclosure
- Two year limited warranty
- Six months warranty on Vacuum Tubes
- Recessed RCA and XLR connectors are Gold plated with an isolated ground.
- All switches and knobs are easily accessible, nothing hidden inside to adjust.
Premier Review of Zesto Audio Leto 1.5 Vacuum Tube Preamplifier
Robert H. Levi – Positive Feedback – September 3rd 2015
“The Zesto Audio Leto 1.5 Vacuum Tube Preamplifier bests the 1.0 in features and in every parameter I can think of. It hosts improvements in the highs, mids, and bass which will mightily please audiophiles.” Read entire review
T.H.E Show Newport Beach
Neil Gader – The Absolute Sound – June 4th 2015
“Not every electronics manufacturer is taking the plunge to offer an outboard headphone amp however. Remember when a headphone input could be found on virtually every preamp and receiver? Well, Zesto Audio has taken this to heart and added a headphone amp with front panel input to it’s upgraded Leto 1.5 tube preamp ($7500 pictured below). After listening to the MrSpeakers new Ether planar headphones ($1499) with a well regarded tube headphone amp I switched to the Leto using the same WyWires Red series cable. The difference in spaciousness, air and top end transparency was astonishing. The sound was less between the ears and more convincingly on a dimensional stage at eye level.”Read entire review
THE ABSOLUTE SOUND BUYER’S GUIDE TO ELECTRONICS 2015
Download the guide scroll to see Zesto Audio on pages 74, 75 and 76.
Leto Premap – Positive-Feedback Online – September 2012
Robert H. Levi
“New from Zesto Audio comes the tubed Leto Preamp, pushing the envelope in value and performance in its price range and beyond. With styling similar to the Andros Phono stage, the Leto is a powerful sounding, highly detailed, fantastically quiet, and superbly musical masterpiece that will complement the finest systems. Designed by a brilliant and pragmatic designer who knows great sound and ergonomics, the Leto performed like a thoroughbred in every way musical, and was a joy to control and adjust. The fun factor while working with the Leto made me rethink what has been missing in minimalist preamps that cost even more money these days. What a jewel! The Zesto Audio Leto is a killer design to my way of listening and loving recordings, and may just be the preamp you will buy and keep for the very, very long haul. The Leto receives my highest recommendation.”
Leto Line Stage Preamplifier – Audiophilia – September 14th 2012
“I have spent many hours listening to the Leto and Andros combination at Wes Bender’s NYC/Studio. I have also listened to the Leto with the EAR 324 phono stage. The sound of the Leto is on the warm side of the spectrum but not so much as to be in any way objectionable. To be clear, this is not an ‘old school’ tube sounding amplifier. From top to bottom, the sound is very well balanced. It has enough resolving power to allow vocal and instrumental textures to be clearly heard. The Fairfield Four’s Isaac Freeman’s bass vocals are presented with their full richness, bloom and textures intact. I have heard this group’s vocals on other line stages that glossed over these details resulting in a bland presentation. Not so with the Leto”.
Zesto’s new Leto line stage
By John Atkinson • Posted: Jun 7, 2012
Zesto was also using TAD CR1 speakers for the debut of their new Leto tubed line preamplifier ($7500, top), which, like the Andros phono stage (bottom), is made in the USA. With a system comprising a Gamut D200 power amp, a Merrill Williams turntable fitted with a Triplanar arm and a Dynavector XX2 Mk.II cartridge, a Lindemann DAC fed data from a PC running J River software, with WyWire cables used throughout, the Ozawa performance of Mahler’s Symphony 1, with the Boston Philharmonic on a typically bright-sounding DG LP, had me sitting for the entire first movement, so low was the noisefloor and so high the dynamic range. AC power was being conditioned by Spiritual Audio’s VX-9 power conditioner.